We are adhering to the government & UK STO guidelines. As of 29th July 2020, all new & existing patients bookings will have to be seen via an Online Consultation initially to assess & screen. A clinical decision can then be made as to whether a face to face treatment will be more beneficial than continuing with video consultations with regards to the current Covid risk.
How does the Online Consultation work?
I have successfully delivered Online Consultations so far using FaceTime & WhatsApp video call. I also have Zoom & Skype available. So how does it work? I will call you at the arrange time of appointment. All you need is:
- A smartphone, tablet, computer or webcam with plenty of battery
- Internet/WiFi connection
- Download Skype, Zoom, WhatsApp and or FaceTime
- To create space for practising the exercises safely
- To gather all of your home gym equipment (weights, resistance bands, dumbbells, barbells, Swiss/Gym Balls)
- Plenty of light available
- Appropriate clothing, just like a normal face-to-face appointment. Shorts and T Shirt ideally different colours.
- To find a way to prop your phone/tablet onto a steady surface to record yourself practising the exercises, or ask a family member to record you. Or if you have a stool/tripod/portable table that would be better. If you have a small portable table, you may just need some books to keep your phone upright.
What do the Online Consultation include?
During the consultation I can offer
- Comprehensive injury history & health screening
- Injury advice, management & diagnosis
- Rehabilitations programmes
- Exercise advice
- Taping Advice
- Education on your injury
A very important benefit of the Online Consultations is that I can tailor the rehabilitation plans to the equipment at your home. If you’re not quite comfortable to return to the gym, or have no intentions of joining, we can use home gym equipment and work with your surroundings. This means you can get the most from your rehabilitation plan, and we can continue to progress further towards reaching our goals.
Sometimes there’s also a need to improvise, and I can suggest a few household objects which we can use as resistance in a safe way.
How long will it take? How much will it cost?
The cost of Online Consultations is £12 per 15 mins. In the event of appointments earlier or later, I’ll charge accordingly. An invoice will be sent to you via with details of payment via BACS or online transfer to be paid within 14 days.
I’ve kept my allocation of 1hr appointments for each patient, in case we need further discussions or adapt the rehabilitation exercise further. Appointments usually last 45 mins.
If I deem a Face-to-Face appointment is necessary, the Online Consultation will be included in the Injury Rehabilitation appointment price. If a Face-to-Face appointment is scheduled, please read the COVID-19 Procedures.
I’m a new client, can I make a booking?
Do I still get my appointment reminder & invitation?
Everything is the same as the face-to-face appointment, just conducted virtually. You will receive the email reminder and the email invitation for the follow up appointment, along with your updated rehabilitation plan sent via Track Active.
What do I do if I need to cancel?
If you need to cancel an Online Consultation, no worries, just let me know and please give 24hrs notice to avoid any cancellation fees. All virtual appointments are non refundable.
Please click on this link and scroll down to read the Cancellation Policy
What does Hoss Sports Therapy need?
All I need is an emergency contact number, in the unlikely event something should happen within the consultation, I can reach out for help for you.
If there’s anything else you’d like to know, please do not hesitate to contact me via email. To book an Online Consultation, contact me via the Contact Form or mobile 07828324773.