A Sports Therapist has the knowledge to:
- Provide first aid and attend to injuries in environments such as training, recreational or competitive
- Assess and where appropriate refer for specialist advice and intervention
- Construct and deliver specific rehabilitation programmes
- Provide sports massage pre and post activity
- Apply sport and exercise science principles to optimise preparation and injury prevention programmes
- For all sports related injuries, both acute and chronic
- Soft tissue injuries such as muscle strains, ligament sprains and tendinopathies
- Specific injury rehabilitation programmes
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
Track Active is an app which I use to create rehabilitation plans to send to my clients. It is simple & easy to use with clear videos, photos and descriptions of exercises of which are evidence based. This reduces the chance of performing the exercises and stretches incorrectly, and improves recovery. The Track Active app is available on iPhone and Android, and plans can be downloaded via PDF. Clients are able to log program completion, session difficulty or even symptoms through their mobile phone. This information is sent to me to see how we are progressing with the rehab.
Sports Therapy Prices
Please find our sports therapy prices below. Please note that the first consultation lasts 1 hour and includes and initial assessment.
We kindly ask you to show us and other patients consideration by calling or emailing at least 24 hours prior to your appointment if you are unable to attend. We run a 3 strike rule where if we don’t receive 24 hours notice of an appointment that can not be made on 2 occasions, at the 3rd occasion you will be charged for that appointment as well as the 1st missed appointment.
We want to make our policy as clear as possible as it can be upsetting when people miss or need to change an appointment, often because of genuine and stressful reasons. This policy is common in healthcare provision, and helps to protect our livelihoods with missed appointments. Should ill health or misfortune affect your ability to attend we hope you will graciously accept our policy as it helps to ensure we still exist when you need our help again.