A Sports Therapist has the knowledge to:
- Provide first aid and attend to injuries in environments such as training, recreational or competitive
- Construct and deliver specific injury rehabilitation programmes
- Assess & rehabilitate acute & chronic sports & non-sports related injuries
- Assess & rehabilitate soft tissue injuries such as muscle strains, ligament sprains and tendon related pain
- Provide treatment for neck, back, shoulder, hip, knee & foot pain
- Educate patients on their injuries
- Refer for specialist advice and intervention
- Apply sport and exercise science principles to optimise preparation and injury prevention programmes
***Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are adhering to the government & UK STO guidelines. As of 29th July 2020, all new & existing patients bookings will have to be seen via an Online Consultation initially to assess & screen. A clinical decision can then be made as to whether a face to face treatment will be more beneficial than continuing with video consultations with regards to the current Covid risk.***
All Sports Therapy patients will be sent a bespoke exercise rehabilitation plan via TrackActive Pro, a very simple & easy to use online app. Here are some features of TrackActive Pro:
- Rehab plans include clear photos, videos and descriptions of exercises & stretches
- Available on iOS & Android
- Patients who are not so confident with technology, can print a PDF document of their rehab plan which includes photos and descriptions, not videos of exercises & stretches
- After rehab session completion, patients can provide feedback on symptom intensity, session difficulty & any changes in function on the online app. The feedback can be seen by the Therapist which is very useful for the next appointment
- All rehab plans are individual to the patient, injury & goals, and are altered according to progress.
- Patients can set an online reminder for the next rehab session in line with their schedule
Injury Rehabilitation Prices
Please find our Injury Rehabilitation prices below. Please note that the Initial Consultation & Follow Up appointments last 1 hour and includes the initial consultation, assessment, necessary treatment, education & rehab plan. If a Face-to-Face appointment is booked after an Online Consultation, the price charged will only be for the Face-to-Face appointment (Initial Consultation or Follow Up), not including the Online Consultation.
We kindly ask you to show us and other patients consideration by calling or emailing at least 24 hours prior to your appointment if you are unable to attend.
We want to make our policy as clear as possible as it can be upsetting when people miss or need to change an appointment, often because of genuine and stressful reasons. This policy is common in healthcare provision, and helps to protect our livelihoods with missed appointments. Should ill health or misfortune affect your ability to attend we hope you will graciously accept our policy as it helps to ensure we still exist when you need our help again.